Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Look and Halloween

Like the new look? I liked the dots but I wanted to try something where I could play with the colors a little more... you can only do so much with green and yellow. Besides, this template seems to be pretty popular, and it's changeable. I think I'll keep it.

Halloween was fun!
Lucy- Cheerleader. "I pretty!"
Ben- Spiderman
Emma- Pirate. And a pretty snazzy pirate too, let me tell ya.
Grace- Cat
Ian- Wore his BDUs (CAP camo uniform)
Jack- didn't go t-o-ting but wore a Scream mask that he bought with his own money. I. Hate. That. Mask. Just wanted to say that.
I- wore nothing. Just gave out candy. When one kid said, "What are you supposed to be? You're nothing!" I replied, "I am the Ghost of Halloweens Past."

Everybody had a great time and got TONS of candy. I mean TONS. Ben was crying that his arm hurt because his bag was so heavy!

As for me, I hung out at home dispensing candy to VERY hyped up kids. Around here, trick-or-treaters come in big groups. We're talking 15-20 kids on a hay trailer with their moms, being pulled by their dads in a pickup truck. We didn't have much candy. On the 30th, Mom bought two bags of candy. One bag contained Starbursts and Skittles. The other contained chocolate such as Reeses, Milky Way, etc. All the chocolate was gone by Halloween. So Jack started out with Skittles and Starbursts. We also had popcorn balls. When he decided I should give out candy, I went out there and there were no Skittles. (note: only one or two people had showed up so far) So by the time Dad came home with the gang (they were in the Bus, of course, with the sliding door open) we were running out. Along came an enormous group and we ran out after having given candy to maybe half of them.
"Jack, go inside and get Ian and Ben's candy! RUN!"
So the people hung around for a minute while Jack ran for candy. He came back and we gave some to the various vampires, Jedis and princesses. As they left they threw a glow-stick at us, which I grabbed. So I got something besides candy (we have so much I can eat some and nobody notices muahaha). I'm so special!

Oh, one slightly funny incident: some dad told me, "Don't give her any candy, she has tons." I assumed he meant the female vampire who approached me then. I held out the last piece of candy (this was before we called for backups) and was about to hand it to Obi-Wan Kenobi and it somehow ended up in Draculette's bag. "He said I wasn't supposed to give any to you!" I said. I don't think she heard me.


One more thing:
Katie and Sarah's Shakespeare group is doing Macbeth! OMM! I LOVE MACBETH! They are all going to be fantastic! I wish I could see it! *sigh*

1 comment:

The Real Katie said...

Haha, I love your funny Halloween stories!