Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reading Habits Meme

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack:
Not really, unless it happens to be around Halloween or Easter and I've got chocolate that needs eating. :-D

What is your favourite drink while reading?
I don't ever drink while reading. Me with my clumsiness, risk spilling on a book? :-o

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
WHAT?! Write in a book?!?! Who wrote this?

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Dog-ear, every time.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I prefer to finish the chapter, but I'll put it down in the middle of one if Mom or Dad seem to really need me for something...

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
Nope.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
I just ignore it and keep reading. Usually I can figure it out.

What are you currently reading?
Catherine of Siena by Sigrid Undset, on and off. And I've been doing a lot of half-hearted rereading lately.

What is the last book you bought?
Er, with my own money? I think it was Enna Burning by Shannon Hale.

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
Depends, usually two at a time, though. One for fun and one for school.

Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
My bed. Anytime!

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
Both! I think I lean slightly towards series, though. If it's good, then more is definitely better!

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Not that I can think of, though I have been known to bully people about Jane Austen.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)
By genre, more or less.



2 comments:

R. A. said...

You DOG EAR pages?!?! You BEND the beautiful pointy corners?!

The Other Katie said...

Um...don't hurt me? I bend them back nicely! And I try not to do it with older books that have more fragile paper, like my copy of Jane Eyre.