Wednesday, November 4, 2009

OK, so...

I seem to have trouble dividing my computer time between FB, Blogger, TGO and other. Basically I either spend a ton of time on FB and TGO, or Blogger and TGO. :-P Plus YouTube and gazing longingly at medieval dresses and such.

So, what has happened since my last fantabulous post? Let's see...oh yes! Ellie and I took the PSAT. It was strangely non-stressful. Except for the part about getting up in the wee hours o' the morning, it was almost....fun. A much better experience than last time, which some of you may recall reading about last year in this post. Very odd. Anyways, I'm pretty confident about my scores, even for the math sections. The reading sections weren't very hard, the math was OK and I know I did far better than the last time I took this thing (and easier than the math in the practice tests), and the writing skills section at the end was so ridiculously easy! Honestly, is this test for highschoolers or 7th graders?

Mom and Dad went on a fantastic trip to Salzburg, AUSTRIA (without me. *sad face*). While they were gone my cousin Sara came to help hold things down at the ranch. We only had four kids to take care of and things went remarkably well. When the parents came back from their marvelous vacation, they seemed almost surprised and definitely quite pleased that the house was so nice and clean. Cleaner than usual, as a matter of fact. They passed out everybody's souvenirs soon after arrival and my wonderful new Austrian belongings ARE: A gorgeous shawl! A beautiful antique holy card, and a postcard with a picture of the very gazebo that was used for the "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" scene from Sound of Music. *jumps up and down like an obsessed fangirl*

Grandma came here last Wednesday and shall be leaving tomorrow. Hence, she was here for Halloween (which, in our little corner of the world, is very very very different from how it is in her neighborhood up in NJ). It was fun; I was gypsy! Daddy called me Stevie Nicks...explanation? Jack wore his Scream mask, Ian wore BDUs, a bulletproof vest and carried a huge Nerf gun (a realistic-ish looking one), Gracie was an Olympic medalist (my idea!) Emma was a ballerina, Ben was Darth Vader and Lucy was a very cute bumblebee. Tristan wore no costume, because why would he need one? He's The Cutest Baby In The Whole Wide World, 24/7. So you see, no costume needed. He takes his cuteness with him everywhere.

Last night Jacky recieved a long-awaited award at CAP, the Billy Mitchell award. It's more or less the CAP equivalent of Eagle Scout, except better because CAP totally owns Boy Scouts. :-P
There were speeches and then they pinned the thingy on his shoulders and then we all ate pizza and cake while standing around socializing. Today was tae kwon do, which Grandma also attended and found quite interesting and, hopefully, impressive.

And guess what? I'm finally starting the 11th grade!!! The reasons why I haven't started until November are a long and somewhat humiliating story, so let's not go there. But yes, I'm excited, and resolute that this year will not be like the last two. Wish me luck. Next summer we begin applying to colleges. *gulp* UD, here I really hope I come!




P.S.
I forgot to mention that Grandma bought me all the books on my "want to read list" there on the sidebar. All except the Princess Bride because we already have that and Grace just won't let me have it. Anywho, I've finished all of them except Out of the Silent Planet, which I am working on now. Inkdeath= Awesome! Mr. Darcy's Diary= AMAZING!! Till We Have Faces= Very very good, of course! You can't really go wrong with C.S. Lewis. <3

5 comments:

Carol Pavliska said...

That was a whole lotta news for one post! And I'm not upset that you didn't publicly thank me for keeping Jack while your parents were galavanting through the alps and such.

miss whimsy said...

Fun fun fun... Oh my flippin crunchy GOODNESS!!! The ACTUAL gazebo from SOUND OF MUSIC????????? I would go into orbit. I'm jumping just READING about it!! That's amazing. You are so lucky =D

miss whimsy said...

Oh, one more thing... pardon my lack of knowledge, but what is TGO?

Ellie said...

Cute post! ;)I'm half-way through Mr. Darcy's Diary! Thanks a bunch for letting me borrow it - I'm loving it!
I wish I felt as confident about the PSAT as you... :/

-Ellie

The Other Katie said...

Wow, it's been a long time since I;ve had this many comments. Serendipity: TGO=True Girls Online=Amazing online forum for Catholic girls. :-D