Saturday, October 10, 2009

Don't you just love cold weather?

No, seriously. I'm not being sarcastic. I really and truly love it when it's cold out. Cozy clothes, hot chocolate, fire in the fireplace, yummy pumpkin bread and baking lots and lots of cookies, snuggling down under two blankets at night....yes, fall and winter are indeed my favorite seasons.
Technically fall starts in September. Yeah, right. Weather-wise, fall didn't start here until yesterday when it all of a lovely sudden turned chilly! Now, according to my amateur guess, it's around 58 out there. So awesome! Emma, Grace, Lucy and Ben are all playing outside right now in long-sleeved shirts and coats and I have just finished drinking a cup of tea. Yayeth! The only thing though, is up in New England where I used to live, fall trees are beautiful. Here, they are...not. The leaves don't change until late in the season, and they mostly just turn brown or yellowish, and fall right off after a couple of days. I miss the pretty reds and gold, unlike some lucky people like Serendipity over at Musings And Antics, who also wrote about fall recently. Oh yes, and no snow in the winter, although if we're lucky some things might get iced up. Eh. You can't have everything. I'll stop complaining now.

Still, though, I'm so happy that it finally feels like autumn! \^o^/

No comments: