Wednesday, June 17, 2009

At last...

I have my room all to myself. Not that I don't like sharing it with my best friend and my cousin (who is also my godsister). But I have begun to wonder what my floor looks like without blankets and pillows everywhere.

Yep, The Real Katie came for a surprise visit, arriving on my birthday and leaving this last Saturday. Even though the surprise didn't quite go as planned, it was pretty much amazing. Here's what I mean about the surprise. The day she was supposed to come, I was sitting in the living room and Mom was in the office with door open, talking to Katie on the phone. I overheard her say, "OK, honey, Christopher [that would be Daddy] will meet you right outside security so you don't have to wait at the curb or anything."
I'm not stupid. I figured it out immediately. My lower jaw probably went clear through the foundation of our house, it dropped so.
And they had been planning this for months! And whenever Katie and I talked, I would ask if she had found "any cheap flights" to come and visit and she'd say, "Oh, well we're thinking I might come in August or something..." and I totally fell for it. That's my thespian friend. :-P

On the day before Katie's last day here, Ceci came. At least I knew about that one ahead of time. And we had a lot of fun too. I almost never get to see her, or any other family members on my dad's side, for that matter.
I even got Katie and Ceci for one whole day. As mom put it, I was "In my glory....with both my BFF and my godsister". Unfortunately, Katie and I were both sick to our stomachs on that day, but hey, it could be worse....I guess....
Last night Mom, Ceci and I had a fun girls' night out. We walked around downtown San Antonio, checked out some shops, ate dinner on the Riverwalk, had ice cream, and walked past the Alamo. To which Ceci's reaction was, "Omygosh it's so tiny!" Which makes sense. It does seem pathetically small when you hold it up to all the postcards and movies and history books that tell you the story (Remember the Alamo! Just had to say that).
Katie left on Saturday, and Ceci left today. I've been sharing my room for two straight weeks now, so I think I'll go remove the makeshift bed and clean up a bit. Sound good? Good.

OH and did I mention that Ceci taught me how to play Love Story on the piano? Up to the first chorus, anyways. Aawwesooome!


No comments: