Saturday, May 30, 2009

What to post about?

Hm. What's new and interesting in my life that is worth posting about? *ponders*
Oh yeah! My birthday! 'Tis next week. I'm going to have a sa-weet party with all or most of my buddies. We're going to Indian food for dinner and brownie sundaes for dessert. Awesome, no?

Something else of incredible import has reminded me of itself. THE JUNIOR SHAKESPEAREANS MACBETH OPENING NIGHT WAS LAST NIGHT!!!! I'm not in it and I don't get to see it (since I live approx. 2000 miles away from where it is taking place) but I'm uber excited anyways! Macbeth is such a fantastic play and I know that the folks up in CT are doing a great job! How do I know that? Because last year they did A Midsummer Night's Dream AND Romeo and Juliet and I saw them perform both. If they can do those two plays at once- and they did it very well- then Macbeth is going to be a smashing hit. My friends Katie and Sarah are playing witches and ooooh now I'm starting to get jealous. *sniff* Let us move on to another subject.

The story that I'm writing is coming along, and HAS NO TITLE!!!!! I can not for the life of me think of a good title for it and I'm going out of my mind. Gah! *sigh* I'm thinking of writing a Narnia fanfic about Edmund. I think that his short period of being a traitor must have had some kind of impact on his life, even though he more than made up for it later. Besides, didn't Aslan say, at the end of PC when it became known that Peter and Susan weren't coming back, "They have learned everything they can from this world"? Well, what did Edmund get out of his time in Narnia? How did his experiences there carry over into his regular life in England? I'm interested, so I think I will write a story to find out. Why did I pick Edmund? Because Peter's lessons from Narnia are kind of obvious ("Be a good leader and CONTROL YOUR EGO!!"), Susan forgets Narnia and Lucy....well, maybe after I finish with Ed I'll start on Lucy. :)
I finished Polgara the Sorceress....I have now read all twelve books of the twelve book cycle consisting of The Belgariad (5 books), The Malloreon (5 books), Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorcerss. Very good books....rather racy in parts, but usually it's fine if you just skip over a couple paragraphs. They're up there with Narnia and the Anne of Green Gables series as some of my all-time favorite books.

Speaking of books, there is one particular book that I would like to recommend. It's called All For The Love Of Mothers: Memoirs of Catholic Midwife, by Lisbeth Burger. I'll have a review up on the Katie and Katie Blog soon. Be sure to check it out!




No comments: