Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Frick and Frack

Hello again! I'm posting for two reasons: 1. I just had to so I could use my pretty signature again! 2. I wanted to show you a poem that I finished yesterday. It's about our lovable pets Murphy the dog and Pumpkin the cat, whom Mom has nicknamed "Frick and Frack". Voila!

The cat came along with a purr in his throat,
Quietly padding about.
The dog came along with a friendly sniff,
Wanting his breakfast, no doubt.
Suddenly the cat leaped and bit the dog's ear
Whereupon the dog gave a yelp.
Said I to the cat, "Hey, no dirty fighting!"
But to the dog I offered no help.

Soon the cat found himself caught by the tail
And ungracefully yanked around.
He freed himself hastily and ran for the stair
But the dog was quick to gain ground.
The two of them raced throughout the house;
The cat's quick patter, the dog's thundering gait;
Stopping occasionally to tussle and fight
Before again taking up the chase.

I suppose they would be an alarming sight;
A stranger would watch in dismay.
But I enjoy their wild fights
For I know it's just best friends at play.
Eventually the fight abates
And away stalks the dignified cat.
The dog looks and me with victory in his eyes
And receives a friendly pat.




No comments: