Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Beloved Reader(s)!

You thought I was going to say "Merry Christmas" didn't you? Aha! I know everything. Says who Santa's got a crystal ball, or elf spies? OK, so he does. But when they fail who do you think he comes to? Yeah. That's right. But don't worry, I already put in a good word for ya'll with Kris. Except Katie. (I'll explain some other time)


So, when Christmas rolls around, my sisters, our friends and I go caroling! People seem to like it. Nobody's covered their ears yet, anyway. Because it's South Texas, we always sing "Feliz Navidad". :-D Along with the traditional carols like "Rudolph," "Silent Night," "Jingle Bells," and "Away In A Manger," on which the little kids get a solo for the first verse.

There's a house in our neighborhood that, when all lit up, would absobloominlutely (my new favorite word!) blow your mind. There are at least fifty trees with lights wrapped around the trunk, 7 or 8 of those smaller "trees" that are just lights strung down from a pole, one BIG one, and innumerable light-up decorations, from snowmen, to a Christmas train, to lit-up characters from the old Rudolph movie. There's a sign (or two) that says "Santa's Workshop" and on the front porch and enormous throne (this things has gotta be 4 feet wide, arm to arm) where on Saturday nights the creator of this LED masterpiece dons his beard and suit and the kids of the neighborhood go see him. He gives out candy canes and sells food for a charity. We carolers stopped there (how could we not?) and sang for "Santa" (who no, was not dressed up as such). We sand a song we hadn't done yet; "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town". Aren't we so clever and cute? He loved it and said "Hold on, I'm gonna go grab my camera. I want to take a picture of you all." He pulled out the chair, us three older girls sat on it (we actually fit!) and everyone else posed around it. "Great!" he said. "By the time you guys get home, this picture will be on my website, lavernialights.com."
"Yay! We're famous!"
Then he gave us a bag with 10 or so boxes of candy canes in it, saying that he had tons. Wowww...
So, you want to see the picture? You're dying to see the picture. There's no use denying it.
Tada!



From left to right:
Emma (my sister), Grace (my sister), me, Kainah and Becca (Kainah's the older one), Hannah, and Levi.
Go to lavernialights.com to see his website.

Mi familia is going to Midnight Mass tonight/tomorrow so I need to go make sure I have everything ready.

Now I'll say it!


May you receive and give such gifts,
As can't be found under a tree,
May the Little Babe bless you with the shining ornaments,
Of hope, faith and sweet charity.
Merriest of Christmases!
God bless!


-Katie :)

No comments: