Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Random Observation of the Day:

Rainbows are awesome. There was a beautiful one outside today. A real dream rainbow, full arc, bright colors, clear cut against the sky. Really great. I don't know about you guys, but I hate thinking about everything the scientific way. You know, like how rainbows are made. Light, prisms, blah blah blah. Why the sky is blue, etc. It ruins it! When my kids ask me why the sky is blue I'll just tell them that "God made it that way" and they can learn it in school when they get older.

On a completely different note, somebody just won a million dollars on Wheel of Fortune. Isn't that fascinating? I know you're absolutely thrilled to be receiving this knowledge, but it is sort of a milestone. Wheel is such a classic show, for me anyway. When I was little I called it "The Letter Show". It's sort of weird to see it changing like that. (I can't believe I'm being sentimental about a game show...). When I first saw the commercials for the new million dollar round on Wheel I instantly pictured Pat saying:

"Wheel.... or no Wheel?"

Moving on to more interesting things:
Tristan cut his first tooth! I have mixed feelings about that. Part of me says, "Yay T!" and the other part says "What the?!?!? Not fair! He's supposed to stay toothless forever! They're cuter that way!"

Mom got a laptop and an iPod for her birthday! The iPod is so awesome. It's bright pink and is sooooo much cooler than my 2nd Generation Nano, which seems primitive in comparison. The games have their own MENUS. Seriously. Different users. High scores. The works. And one of the games (MAZE *dun dun dun*) actually responds to your tilting the iPod. You know those games where you have to tilt the little wooden (or plastic) thingy to get the ball through the maze and into the hole? It's like that. PRETTY DARN AWESOME, RIGHT? I thought so!

And no I'm not jealous!

Our cousin Gabriel is coming for Thanksgiving.

I'm reading Macbeth!

Grandma is coming on Friday which means my room (aka the guest room) must be scrupulously neat.

I'm taking the PSAT tomorrow.

Geometry so far is very easy, for which I'm thankful.

Let's see.... any other interesting news?

oh, DUH! Dad's leaving for France tomorrow! He's going to Paris on business! And the business part doesn't even start for a couple of days. He's going to check out Mont Saint Michel (forgive spelling errors... I've never seen it written so I'm not entirely sure how to spell it). Then of course while he's in Paris he'll check out most of the cool stuff there.
I want to go to Europe so badly! Germany, France, Prague, Poland (Gdansk, of course!;-), England, Ireland, Scotland... it's all so wonderful and full of history! And Church history! Did I mention Italy? There's Rome, of course, one the most full-of-awesome-history places in the world, not to mention the HQ of the Catholic Church. And so many of my favorite saints were from Italy... Sts. Catherine, Gemma, Benedict, Francis.... it goes on! Rome used to be center of THE Roman Empire... which, in a way, is a little sad. It's pretty much just a tourist attraction now. Although personally I prefer the Greeks. They were the creative thinkers, the artists. The Romans were the organizers, the conquerers. In my opinion, Greece was cooler.
MY DREAM EUROPEAN VACATION:
(not necessarily in any kind of order)
See the sights of London, and visit Stratford-On-Avon where Shakespeare lived
Enjoy the beautiful green hills of Ireland
Check out some old castles in Scotland
Go to Gdansk, Poland, and check out the amber museum :-)
Party in Prague (well maybe not party... but I liked the alliteration) and see the original Infant of Prague statue
See Konigschloss Newschwanstein (that I'm pretty sure I did spell right... we have a magnet) in Germany and hang out in Fussen, maybe check out the cathedral in Cologne and see their treasury
Go to Paris, see basically everything there
Visit Lourdes and find that convent in France where St. Bernadette's body is kept (still incorrupt!)
Head to Portugal and pray in the basilica at Fatima
Is that pretty much everything? Oops I think I skipped Rome! Well that's fairly obvious. St. Peters, Coliseum, Mouth of Truth (just for the sake of reenacting the scene from Roman Holiday :-) the norm. Maybe hit some other saints' burial places if I can find them.
If ya'll think of anyplace else I should add to my list, let me know. I'll keep this list and bring it with me to check off after I retire, haha.
Toodles!
-Katie the Koolest

1 comment:

The Real Katie said...

You forgot to mention this part in your dream European vacation: Going with my bff The REAL Katie!!

DUH!