Saturday, December 26, 2009

First Attempts

Merry Christmas, y'all! Hope everybody is having a great one!

I know you're all just dying to know what was under the tree for me, but the only ones slightly interesting to any of you are two: painting stuff and a book. The book I'll get to in another post, after I'm finished. For now I'll just point you over to the new addition on my booklist: Offerings by Tina Johnson.

Anybody ever used to watch the One Stoke Painting show with Donna Dewberry? I always thought it would be fun to try but I forgot about it, until yesterday when I got a whole bunch of paint, brushes, and instructions from Grandma. I started painting today and I'll be posting pictures of my progress (which is likely to be slow) on here. To start off,




This is pretty much everything I accomplished today, except for a few other beginning leaves. I managed one decent leaf and several epic fails of what are supposed to be petals. :-P There's one OK one in the lower left corner.
That's all for now! Artsy people, don't change that channel...

1 comment:

molly said...

woah, those paintings are ah-mazing!