Thursday, April 23, 2009

So, do you grow flowers?

(That's sort of an inside joke. Consider it an awkward silence-filler.)

So, quick update on life.

Grandma is here!

Mom, Dad, and Tristan are leaving tomorrow for Washington/Idaho. They're going to my cousin's wedding (the first of my cousins to marry) and my grandparents' anniversary party. While they're gone, Jack, Ian and Emma are all going to various friends' houses.

I'm testing next week for my yellow belt (TKD).

I'm writing a short story and might just finish it!

Tristan is officially walking. *gasp*

Mom cut Ben's hair. Doesn't sound very significant, but it is. Oh, it is! You see, if we let his hair get long enough it starts to curl. So up until yesterday he had nice hair right on the verge of curling adorably. Then Mom said, "Let's cut your hair, Benny. Do you want it really short?"
Yes, he wanted it really short, "just like cousin Gabriel" (who is in the Air Force).

She positively sheared him. The kid's so close to bald we've started calling him Charlie Brown.

Oh, thou curls! Where hast thou gone to?
Oh, thou mother! How canst thou live with thy guilt?
For to shear so sweet and lovable a head
Is crime worthy of such punishment
As oft is dreaded by the boldest
Of criminals!

(Did I mention that I've tackled another Shakespeare play? Julius Caesar this time, for school. I can almost guarantee you that by the time I've finished it, I'll find some reason to say "Et tu, Brute?" in a blog post. :-P)



No comments: