Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wisteria...

The return to school and regular life has left less oppurtunities for painting, but I did some today. Last time I practiced I learned how to use the scruffy brush and the liner brush.




Today, I put those two to use and used a worksheet in the book to create what is supposed to be wisteria on vines...



...resulting in this. Try to ignore all the purple stuff on the side that doesn't look connected to anything. I didn't like this picture so I used the paper to do some practicing before trying again:


This is a bit better, but I'm very unhappy with the curliques. They are ugly and too thick...I need a lot more practice with that brush. Overall, though, I like this one. I'm rather proud of the vines, for some reason.
Stay tuned for more from the aspiring artist!


2 comments:

R. A. said...

I think the curlicues look rather natural!

The Other Katie said...

See, this is why I keep you around. Thank you! They're not bad on the first try. But if you enlarge the second one you'll see what I'm talking about. :-P