Friday, June 26, 2009

Starting to get ready

Today we (finally) recieved stuff in the mail from the University of Dallas. You might remember that several months ago I applied to attend a summer program there, and was accepted. With the acceptance letter came a bunch of information about financial stuff, registration, etc. Then today we got another packet of info containing an agenda for the program, packing suggestions, where to get the reading materials, and so on and so forth.

Now that I have a more real idea of what it's going to be like, I'm getting pretty excited. It's going to fun, interesting, and new. It's basically going to be two weeks of a Catholic, liberal arts college; exactly what I want when I actually do go to college. I'm going to try to finish all the reading before I go, except maybe a few poems. Some of the stuff I've got to read includes The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare, Oedipus Rex, or, Oedipus the King by Sophocles, Revelation by Flannery O'Connor, Plato's Republic (fun fun fun!) and the like.

So yep, can't wait to go to UD. The next couple of weeks before going will be interesting...I'll be very busy getting regular schoolwork done and preparing for the "college preporatory seminar". But still, I love the time right before you go on a trip somewhere, deciding what to bring and packing and agonizing over not forgetting anything and all that. There's an Anne of Green Gables quote that I can't quite recall where she says that the anticipation is almost as good as the actual event. I think I'll go find it and post it.....did I mention that I love Anne of Green Gables, the whole series?
How's that for randomness?

No comments: